Hobey Watch: Travis Morin
(I keep trying to convince myself that last weekend didn't really happen, but it's not working. I'll write about it eventually though.)
Nobody else seems to want to do it, so I guess I will. I think it's time to start creating some buzz for Travis Morin for the Hobey Baker award. Odds are that he won't win it, since Minnesota State isn't a great team this year, but he at least deserves to be part of the discussion.
Here's a look at some of his numbers:
4 goals and 9 assists for 13 points in 8 games. An average of 1.63 points per game.
Tied for 13th in the country in scoring. Six of the players ahead of him play in either College Hockey America or Atlantic Hockey.
Second in the WCHA in overall scoring, and only one point behind Minnesota's Tyler Hirsch.
Second in the WCHA in conference scoring with 7 points, behind only Andreas Nodl. Leads WCHA in points per conference game.
Tied for 8th in the country with 9 assists.
Scored in all 8 of Minnesota State's games, which is currently the second longest consecutive point streak in the country, and one game shy of his own record of scoring in 9 straight games, set last year.
Recorded multi-point games in his last four games.
Plays on the top powerplay and penalty kill unit for Minnesota State.
Co-captain of the Mavericks.
Nobody else seems to want to do it, so I guess I will. I think it's time to start creating some buzz for Travis Morin for the Hobey Baker award. Odds are that he won't win it, since Minnesota State isn't a great team this year, but he at least deserves to be part of the discussion.
Here's a look at some of his numbers:
4 goals and 9 assists for 13 points in 8 games. An average of 1.63 points per game.
Tied for 13th in the country in scoring. Six of the players ahead of him play in either College Hockey America or Atlantic Hockey.
Second in the WCHA in overall scoring, and only one point behind Minnesota's Tyler Hirsch.
Second in the WCHA in conference scoring with 7 points, behind only Andreas Nodl. Leads WCHA in points per conference game.
Tied for 8th in the country with 9 assists.
Scored in all 8 of Minnesota State's games, which is currently the second longest consecutive point streak in the country, and one game shy of his own record of scoring in 9 straight games, set last year.
Recorded multi-point games in his last four games.
Plays on the top powerplay and penalty kill unit for Minnesota State.
Co-captain of the Mavericks.

2 Comments:
I agree 100%...I think it's BS too though that the guys from the "not so good" teams get over looked. Good argument for Morin to be considered.
Ahh stick to "hottie watch"
http://insidecollegehockey.com/7Archives/HobeyTracker/hobeytracker_0509.htm
Will the REAL Hobey Baker please stand up! 1 year does not a candidate make!
Post a Comment
<< Home