Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Top Goalie Credits MSU Coach

The Minnesota Sun newspaper ran an article recently featuring Apple Valley sophomore goalie Trent Caspar and his invitation to the USA Hockey Select 15 Festival. In the article, Caspar credits his success to, among others, Minnesota State assisant Des Christopher:

"For Caspar, who played on Apple Valley's Bantam A team last year, it's a step up in competition.

But in the spring and summer festivals, "I was playing at the top of my game, the best I've ever played," he said.

He credits that to the coaching of his father, Jeff - also the Apple Valley Bantam team's head coach - and Des Christopher, a Minnesota State, Mankato assistant coach who also runs a goaltending school."


"Des told me I can be any kind of goaltender I want. If I was slacking off, he would be the first to say, 'Get back to work.'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home