Sunday, April 16, 2006

7 Questions From Chris, Answers From Me.

Here's the questions:

1. Give a brief summary of your team's season

2. What were your thoughts on how your team's season ended?

3. What offseason improvements can your team make to be better next year?

4. Are there any players on your team that might leave for the pros during the offseason?

5. Which player(s) will be expected to carry the load for your team next season?

6. Which player will be most vital to your team's success next season?

7. What is your expectation for your team next season?


1. This year's season started off very slow, but picked up in early to mid December. The goaltending improved from last season, and I see a bright future for this teams goaltending, with two solid freshmen, who will be sophmores. As I expected, Backes was the team's leader in points, but, to my great surprise, Morin was tied with him. Morin definatly got stronger over the summer, and it showed how much it helped him this season. I expected him to be good, but not that good. All in all, I expected this team about .500, and they were only a game under, and I look for an even better team next year. In my eyes, the team's MVP was Backes, with his leadership and scoring/passing ability. I was pleased with Kilburg as well. Rankin was my favorite player, and he earns my Mr. Hustle award.

2. I was very pleased with how my team's season ended. I did not really expect them to end the season with two sweeps of St. Cloud State and, eventual National Champion, Wisconsin. The playoffs were what most expected; North Dakota winning in three. I was glad to see the Mavs get atleast one game, although it would have been fun to see them in St. Paul. All in all, very pleased.:)

3. I think that the recruiting has to be good, as I think it is very solid with Mr. Blue, and the forwards need to bulk up a bit. The goaltenders need to work hard, and become even better. The forwards need to wrok on putting the puick in the net, and accurately shooting the puck(on net.)We should have enough skill to make a run at the top 5 in the conference, but they guys have to work hard, as all other teams guys will as well.

4. I only see Backes going pro, as he is already gone. The only other possiblity is Travis Morin, but I'm 99% sure he'll be back for his senior season.

5. I think it is a number of players, but none as important as Travis Morin and Dan Tormey. Travis showed he can score, be strong on his skates, and be all over the ice. He needs to do this next year, and I see him doing it, leading the team in scoring, and I'm srue he can do it. Dan Tormey, will need to be very strong for this team to make a playoff run. I see him getting most of the starts, with Zacharias getting a few, as will Chris Clark. He will need to be solid, and I see him getting 15-20 wins.

6. Travis Morin. He can make plays, and he'll help make the players around him better. As I said, a strong season is needed from him. He may not be the best leader, but he can definatly play. He'll add some more bulk, and hopefully get 15 more points.

7. Next season I see Minnesota State finishing 4th in the WCHA with 31 points. They will take third in the Final Five, and get an NCAA Tourney bid. This may be a little "out there", but I can see it happening...If all of the pieces fall in the right place...:)

Happy Easter Everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home